*If I have siblings who start school at different times, do I need to wait outside the gate with the younger sibling or can both students enter and then the younger students can wait inside the gate (kind of like we do know)?
- We would like to be able to do this, but we will have to see if we can manage this with double the amount of students entering the school now. If possible, please wait with your child until we get a good system down.
How should my child get to school? Must be with an ADULT
- Walking - preferred
- Car – No cars in the drop off zones!!! You can park in the neighborhood, but definitely not in the zone in front of the school during lunch time. Families already use the drop off zone to drive through to pick up lunches daily.
- Bicycle/Scooter- walk bikes and scooters once on the sidewalk approaching the entry gates
Where do I drop off and meet my child after school?
- Kinder – Meet at kinder gate by Meadows Avenue.
- Grades 3 & 4 – Meet at office gate by Meadows Avenue.
- Grades 1 & 2 – Meet at gate by upper playground by Rowell Avenue.
- Grade 5 – Meet at gate by science lab by Rowell Avenue.
Can I bring my siblings to just one entrance?
- Yes! Kinders must use kinder gate, though. Determine which drop off zone where you will meet with them and let their teachers know, since teachers walk students to the gates at the end of school.
Before you leave your home:
- COVID Screening – Complete the health screening app (Ruvna) and bring your phone to be screened at school. If you forgot or left the screening at home, we can verbally screen students at the gate, but you may have to step aside if there is a crowd.
- Mask – Students will need to arrive with a well-fitting mask on and have an extra in his/her backpack.
- School Supplies – Bring supplies from home that will not be shared with any other students.
- Water bottle – Bring a full bottle of water in a reusable container.
- *Snack – We are now having recess, so please pack a big snack. No lunch until after 12:30!
- *Apply sunscreen on kiddos.
- *Bring a small beach blanket or towel for picnic seating, just in case. It can stay at school.
- *Lunch - For complimentary lunch to eat at Meadows or take home order here by 8 am. Our cafeteria staff will be bringing lunches to the classrooms for students who order.
When you arrive at school to your assigned area:
- *3 – feet distance between students inside, 6-Foot Distance outside.
- Masks – must be worn at all times (unless taking a drink of water or eating, which must be done outside with a 6-foot distance of others). Masks must cover the nose and mouth. Parents should also be wearing a mask.
- COVID Screening - show the QR sign or printed paper to our staff when you arrive.
- Temperature– will be randomly taken at the entrance.
- No parents will be permitted on campus. Staff will gently and safely guide and direct students to classrooms using our pathways of travel map.
- *Desks – students will be seated at their desks with a Plexiglass shield to sit behind. Seating is 3-feet apart.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will occur throughout the school day.
- Outdoor instruction – in some cases, your child may receive instruction outside in a sheltered area that is distanced from others.
- Restroom – students will use school restrooms one at a time. Grounds supervisors will assist in guiding students to the nearest restroom, maintaining social distancing, and encouraging hand washing. One student may enter a restroom and use the restroom at a time.
- *Curbside lunch pick-up ended last Friday.
- Teachers will dismiss students to parents at drop off areas- *see above.
- Masks – must be washed before reusing again.
- Supplies can remain at school in students’ cubby.