REGULAR ATTENDANCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR LEARNING
Regular attendance is critical to your child's education. Disruptions to your child's school attendance can have a significant impact on his or her academic performance.
Both the California Administration Code and the Education Code state that every pupil must attend school regularly. When a child is excessively absent, a parent-teacher-student conference will be held. If the problem continues, a parent-administrator-student conference will be scheduled. Excessive absences may result in referral to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB).
Your child should attend school consistently and should be absent only for illness or emergencies. Please do not schedule extended family vacations during school time.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD IS GOING TO BE ABSENT
- Submit this Absence Notification Form.
- This is the easiest and most efficient way to report your child's absence. This information is needed for our attendance reports and state funding. The State auditors are very thorough in checking these records.
- MBUSD requires absences be reported within 3 days from the last day of absence. Unreported absences will be unexcused after 3 days.
- Please refer to the 'Guidelines for Exclusion/Return to School' included below.
- Please notify the school of any anticipated absence due to out-of-town trips, family emergencies or medical or dental appointments.