Join your classmates for the all-school Meadows Read-a-thon!
Starting May 10, we are putting our reading skills to work to raise money for the school library. Compete for special prizes as you read & raise alongside your friends. Every student can participate and help make a difference for our school! Here’s how:
1. Sign up: https://www.read-a-thon.com/readers/r/qFjJXs
2. Set your personal reading and fundraising goal.
Example: I will read 500 minutes during the Readathon. My fundraising goal is to raise $500 in donations family and friends who want to support my reading challenge and our school library.
3. Ask family members and friends to support your efforts and your reading challenge by making a donation on your Reader Page.
Please note: This Read-a-thon is different from a traditional "thon" where friend and family would pledge a small amount "per minute" or "per page". Instead, students should set a personal goal for themselves (i.e. 5 books, or 500 minutes, or 1 hr a day - however they choose to mark progress) and then ask family & friends to support their overall goal with a set donation.
Read to Win Prizes
Students must register and track their reading sessions online to be eligible to win prizes including an Amazon Fire Tablet, a $50 gift card for Barnes & Noble, and the class that collectively reads the most minutes between May 10 - 23 will win a Donut Party.
Two NEW PRIZES have been added as of 5/14:
- There will now be TWO Donut Party winners - one donut party for the class with the highest average minutes read for grades K-2 and one the highest average minutes read for grades 3-5.
- RAFFLE (win books and prizes from Barnes & Noble): To be eligible, visit the Book Fair and sign in the Meadows notebook at the Customer Service desk, and secure 2+ Read-a-Thon sponsors by Monday 5/17 at 8am.
- See flyer below for further details.
Need more books to read?
Please visit Barnes & Noble during our Meadows Book Fair on May 13 - 16 to get some new reading material for your family. Barnes & Noble will donate a percentage of all sales back to Meadows.
SIGN UP TODAY! THE READ-A-THON STARTS MAY 10.